Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8301 total)

1999.159e.jpg
Located on Main Street

Tags: ,

1999.131e.jpg
The ruins of the hotel fire with the Eagle Block in the background of the first photo.

Tags: ,

2013.97e.jpg
Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by morning had the entire business block that extended from Nason St. around the corner to the bank building on Main Street. Several tenants routed from the second floor and also the Telephone &…

2013.102e.jpg
The structure was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. It was sold to Alfred T. Haynes in 1893 and then to the Gruber Brothers in 1917.
Entire upper floors destroyed by fire on July 14, 1934.
The hall on the second level was used for…

2013.103e.jpg
l to r
Top Row: Nancy Sirvio, Alice Spurrell, Joanne Tucker, Virginia Van Vorse, Ellen Veracka, Marlys Wood, Helen Whitney, Nancy Warila, Madeline Terrasi, Helen Taryma, Fay Saarela, Mary Priest

2nd Row: Philip Murphy, Gordon Nelson, Edward…

Copies of miscellaneous deeds of the property along Parker Street relating to the Parker and Paper Mill properties.

1999.B82e.jpg
Four photos of the Nason Street School Fire, 1916, and four photos the Naylor Block Fire,1917, pasted on black paper.
Naylor Block Fire: Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by the morning had destroyed the Naylor Block that…

1999.1491e.jpg
Certificate written in Danish
Born on April 19, 1903, baptized May 31, 1903 in Maynard, Mass.

Tags: ,

2013.107ef.jpg
Letters written by Charles Pease to his sister, Mrs. Augustia Smith of Assabet, Mass. (now Maynard).

There are three different patriotic Civil War envelopes. All three postmarks are unreadable in whole or substantial part. They are addressed…

2013.108e.jpg
Thirty Eight pages of agendas, events, newsletters, newspaper clippings etc...during the 1970's and 1980's of the association assembled by Helen Ketola.

img270e.jpg
A series of copies of Assabet Mills/Maunfacturing Company memos written by Amory Maynard from the Counting Room, 1867-1872. These memos were written to Mr. Charles Sargent and addressed the need for various machinery activities.

img271e.jpg
The Practical Weaver is a book of reference for the mathematics involved in the daily running of the weaving, carding, spinning rooms. This includes wages, advertising and production costs, to name a few.

2013.110ef.jpg
A five-dollar bill, issued during the Civil War. It was hand-numbered 46448 and has the printed date December 2nd, 1862. It features a picture of the Virginia State Capitol as well as a picture of Christopher G. Memminger, the first Secretary of the…

2013.111e.jpg
A receipt for one quarter year, beginning in October 1885

2013.117e.jpg
Lorenzo Maynard, his wife and their four daughters are buried in this crypt built in 1904. Second photo taken on a tour of Mt. Auburn Cemetery in 2000.

2013.124e.jpg
Amory Maynard and his wife Mary along with 20 other descendants are buried here.

1999.1357e.jpg
In 1846 Amory Maynard moved to the Assabet River valley, now Maynard, and with his partner William Knight dammed the river and begin a woolen mill. The area became known as Assabet Village and 1871 became incorporated as a town named for Amory. The…

1999.1360e.jpg
The wife of William Maynard, daughter-in-law of Amory Maynard.