Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (42 total)

  • Tags: trolley

Shows the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway turnout opposite boarding houses.
Copied from a postcard.

A group of employees of the Woolen Mill about to take a trip on an open trolley car. Photo taken on Main Street in front of the Congregational Church.

A promotional brochure produced by the Concord, Maynard & Hudson trolley and sponsored by various merchants along the route from Hudson to Concord. From the introduction: "The completion of the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway connects…

The car barn was built by the trolley company in 1901, on the south side of the Great Boston Road, near the intersection of Main Street, Maynard. It was brick construction with a wood roof, measuring 51 ft by 204 ft, having four tracks accommodating…

The first and third photo shows the car barn before the fire and after it was rebuilt. The other photos show the structure after the fire.

The power house was converted into St. Casimir's Church. Interesting thought on the back of photo.

This photo shows the power station, then St. Casimir's Church, and the car barn, occupied by Atkins and Merrill Inc, of the former Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Company. Both buildings have flat roofs, a facade was put on the church…

An account of the turbulent interplay of alcohol, the Temperance movement and Prohibition in Maynard.

A review of various forms of transportation and how they conveyed residents of Maynard, including walking, horseback, stage-coaches, steam trains, electric trolleys, busses and, finally, the automobile.

Used only on special occasions.


A joint committee of the Massachusetts Legislature that conferred on trolley issues.
Charles H. Persons, the Maynard Representative, was on this committee. Top row left.


The photo shows the Superintend's House, Power Station, and Car Barn/Office.

The map shows the trolleys route from Concord's Monument Square to Woods Square in Hudson and the connecting trolleys, roads and rail roads.


The trolley car barn as seen from Summer Hill Road

This was the early days of the company - about 1906. Built in 1901 by Edward Price of Warren, MA. Destroyed by fire on the night of January, 25, 1918.


This coat was worn by Thomas J. Lawlor, who was a conductor for fourteen years for the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Company.

The folder contains newspaper clippings, photo copies of pictures, maps, an assessment of the historical significance of the car barn and other related materials.