Browse Items (366 total)
- Collection: Postcards
Sort by:
Views of Maynard, Massachusetts
Clock wise starting upper left: Ben Smith Dam, Junction of Main and Nason Streets, Mill Pond and Mill Buildings, Maynard High School
Assabet Woolen Mills, Maynard, Mass.
Early postcard with undivided back for address only. Large borders in front around picture is for message.
Car Barn, Maynard, Mass.
Car barn to the right, power house to the left of the Concord, Maynard & Hudson St. Ry., Black & White and Colorized version.
First Automobile in Maynard, Mass.
Dr. F. U. Rich owned the first automobile in Maynard. He is seen driving the car with his daughter, Gertrude Rich Cooke, as a passenger.
Assabet Mills and Bird's-Eye of Maynard, Mass.
The view is from Summer Hill:
Far right, white building is St. Bridget's Church, a bit to left is the Main St. School, brick. Further to the left are the six white houses on Front Street and of course the Mill with a single chimney (in 1916 a second…
Far right, white building is St. Bridget's Church, a bit to left is the Main St. School, brick. Further to the left are the six white houses on Front Street and of course the Mill with a single chimney (in 1916 a second…
Powder Mill Office
Greetings from Maynard, Mass.
The Powder Mill was located on the Acton-Maynard line. The office is approximately where 145 Powder Mill Rd., Acton is now with Sudbury Rd. slightly seen on the back left.
The Question Club- ca.1910
The Question Club was organized in 1909 as a women's social club. The club met on the first Monday of the month at various members homes. Singing, conversation, cards, a business meeting and refreshments were on the agenda. The club was still…