Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (366 total)

  • Collection: Postcards

2022.341ef.jpg
Written in Finnish , signed by Laitinen, Kerttu, Linda.
See 2012.464 for additional information about postcard.

img398e.jpg
Two Mill Clock Tower Centennial postcards produced during the 1992 Tower 100th year celebration. Photo is by Samuels Studio, Maynard, MA. The Clock Tower was erected in 1892 and sits atop the historical American Woolen Mills which graces the center…

1999.A336-1.jpg
Black & White and Colorized view of St. Bridget's Cemetery around 1900.

2025.2.jpg
Until 1927, The Falls Dam was located south (upstream) of where the Assabet River runs under the "Paper Mill Bridge". Both the dam and the bridge was washed out in the flood of November 1927. The bridge was replaced and is being replaced again in…

EPSON199eee.jpg
A postcard of Main Street West End, Maynard, Mass.

1999.A42-1.jpg
Taken from Ben Smith's Bridge

2026.215ef.jpg
A view from looking from Summer St. toward the Masonic Block. On the right foreground is the Riverside Cooperative building followed by the Nason Street Diner.

2026.223ef.jpg
Postmark in Maynard on July 8, 1915, repostmarked via APO Liverpool Aug. 10, 1915.

The photograph shows the Maynard Railroad Station (Depot) serving the Boston and Maine Railroad.

The photo was take from the railroad tracks or just a bit…

2026.222ef.jpg
The card was sent from Maynard on July 8, 1915, repostmarked on August 15, 1915 via APO in Liverpool (England ?).

1999.A1-1.jpg
Frank "Jinx" Murray, standing at extreme right, was member of this team. He then went on to Tufts College where he captained the team in his Senior Year. An outstanding baseball and basketball player, he went on to become one of the most famous…

1999.A2-1.jpg
This was the early days of the company - about 1906. Built in 1901 by Edward Price of Warren, MA. Destroyed by fire on the night of January, 25, 1918.
The power house is the brick building to the left.

1999.A5-1.jpg
Corner of Main and Summer Streets. Built in 1895. Church group organized in 1867. First worship held in Union Hall which they bought in 1870, selling it later to James Higgins, who removed it to face Main Street and remodeled it for a business block…

2025.102ef.jpg
Near Waltham Street, site of old paper mill. Dam washed out with the Paper Mill Bridge in 1927. Assabet River went on a rampage after a terrific rainstorm. About 1829 a paper mill was built at the corner of Summer and Parker Streets, using the…

1999.A8-1.jpg
Cornerstone of this church laid in 1881. Dedicated in 1884. Mass often said in proviate houses in Assabet Village until Union Hall was built in 1887 which was then used. A church was erected on upper Main Street (near 195) and dedicated in…

1999.A9-1.jpg
Foreground, Corner of Nason and Summer Streets. Build in 1882 and operated by the Riverside Cooperative Society until 1936. Fire destroyed the entire top two floors on January 30, 1936. The Knights of Columnbus purchased the property and rebuilt…

1999.A12-1.jpg
Looking east on Main Street. Located at 151 Main Street. Built in 1880**, it was torn down in 1952.

Note: The back of the card says the station was built in 1850, but there are other sources that point to 1880. The likely confusion is that the…